This light, refreshing vegan traybake with fresh summer vegetables and spiced coconut milk is perfect to serve with noodles or rice. Use your preferred green vegetables – I love the combination of Tenderstem broccoli with courgette, but you could use asparagus and sugar snap peas instead.
- 300g/10½oz Tenderstem broccoli
- 2 large courgettes, cut into 5mm/¼in slices on the diagonal
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- 8cm/3¼in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2.5cm/1in piece fresh turmeric, peeled and grated, or 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 400ml/14fl oz coconut milk
- 100g/3½oz cashew nuts
- 1 lime, juice only
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 210C/190C Fan/Gas 6½.
- Put the broccoli in a large bowl, pour over boiling water and leave to sit for 2 minutes, then drain well.
- Put the drained broccoli into a large roasting tin along with the courgettes, half of the chillies, the ginger, turmeric, garlic, salt and coconut milk and mix well. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Scatter over the cashew nuts, then return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cashew nuts are just toasted, and the broccoli and courgette are cooked through.
- Taste and season with lime juice and more salt if needed, then scatter with the spring onions and the remaining chilli. Serve with freshly cooked rice or noodles.