A classic tiramisu is one dessert I can rarely resist, but this recipe offers stiff competition-white chocolate and raspberries are made for each other, and the vibrant green pistachios add a nutty flourish that makes this dish the absolutely perfect way to round off a meal.
- 100 grams white chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 400 grams raspberries
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 350 millilitres double cream
- 250 grams mascarpone cheese (tub)
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 175 grams sponge finger (about 18)
- 75 grams pistachios slivers (or whole nuts) finely blitzed in a food processor
White chocolate, raspberry & pistachio tiramisu is a guest recipe by Sabrina Ghayour so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe
- Place the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, without the base of the bowl touching the water, and leave to melt, then remove the bowl and set aside.
- Put half the raspberries, the icing sugar and cold water into a food processor or blender and blitz until puréed.
- Whisk the egg whites in a small bowl with an electric hand whisk until they form stiff peaks. In a separate bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks.
- Put the egg yolks, mascarpone and caster sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat together. Mix in the melted white chocolate, then add the whipped cream a little at a time, gently folding it in with a spatula to keep the mixture light. Once all the cream has been incorporated add the whisked egg whites a little at a time, again folding them in gently rather than stirring.
- Select your serving dish – I use 26x18cm rectangular dish. Use as many sponge fingers as necessary to cover the base of the dish in a single layer, breaking some up if you need to fit them into corners or sides. Pour over the raspberry sauce and spread it out with the back of a spoon so that the sponge finger base is entirely covered, then add the whole raspberries in an even layer. Finally, pour over the white chocolate mixture and shake the dish to allow the mixture to fill any gaps, then smooth over the surface with a spatula. Sprinkle an even layer of the pistachios on top and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight before serving.
Content retrieved from: https://www.nigella.com/recipes/guests/sabrina-ghayours-white-chocolate-raspberry-pistachio-tiramisu.