Nadiya’s quick chocolate mousse has a secret ingredient. Nutella! Of course you can use any chocolate hazelnut spread to make this easy mousse.
- 200g/7oz chocolate hazelnut spread
- 50ml/2fl oz full-fat milk
- 600ml/20fl oz double cream
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 100g/3½oz roasted chopped hazelnuts
- whipped cream, from a can, to serve (optional)
- cocoa powder, for dusting (optional)
- Pop the chocolate hazelnut spread into a bowl with the milk and heat in the microwave in 10-second bursts until the mixture is runny and viscous, but not steaming hot. This should not take more than 20 seconds. Set aside to cool.
- Put the cream into a large bowl with the cornflour and icing sugar and begin whipping. As soon as the mixture begins to thicken, pour in the chocolate hazelnut spread and keep whipping until stiff peaks are formed when the whisk is removed from the bowl.
- Fold through the hazelnuts (keeping a tablespoon back for decorating), then spoon into a serving dish or individual ramekins. If you want it to look extra special, you can pipe the mousse in.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired, with an extra sprinkling of hazelnuts on top and an optional dusting of cocoa powder.