Baileys? Check. White chocolate? Check. Two ingredients that make for an utterly irresistible cheesecake, perfect for serving at dinner parties (or to keep all to yourself). Plus it calls for less than 10 ingredients, and is ready in under 2 hours!
- chocolate biscuits 175g
- unsalted butter 60g, melted
- white chocolate 150g, chopped
- cream cheese 600g
- crème fraîche 300g
- caster sugar 200g
- vanilla pod 1, split open
- eggs 3 large, at room temperature
- Baileys 60ml
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 180c/fan 160c/gas 4. base line a 23cm springform cake tin with baking parchment.
- STEP 2Whizz the biscuits to crumbs in a food processor, trickle the melted butter in and whizz again. spread evenly over the base of the cake tin and press down firmly. bake for 10 minutes then cool.
- STEP 3Melt half the white chocolate in a bowl set over simmering water or in the microwave. cool. using a food mixer or electric whisk, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then beat in the crème fraîche, caster sugar and vanilla seeds. beat in the eggs bit by bit until you have a glossy mixture. fold in the melted chocolate and the rest of the chopped chocolate and stir in the baileys. pile everything into the tin and smooth.
- STEP 4Put a tin or dish of water on the base of the oven to create steam and put the cheesecake on the middle shelf. cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour, the cake should wobble a little when moved but will look puffy and set. turn the oven off, open the door a tiny bit and leave the cake to cool completely (this minimises cracking). chill for at least 4 hours before serving. decorate with chocolate shards or shavings.